Insights - Is This Trip Right For You?
< Back to holiday
DISCOVER NORTH INDIA
You want to get it right,and find a trip that matches your travel style. These pointers will help you decide if this trip is right for you.
- This is a small group experience with a maximum of 16 solo travellers.
- Catering for travellers who are 45 years and over.
- You need to let go of your western ways and let things happen as they do in India.
- Most of the hotels are superior standard, mostly 4 to 5 star hotels and a few heritage hotels equivalent to a 3-3.5 star standard.
- Throughout the tour, meals are Indian cuisine, some dishes may be more spicy than the western palette is accustomed too (breakfast will offer Western options).
- You must only drink bottled water and only bottled water from reliable sources.
- In the summer months Rajasthan can get very hot. Be sure to drink lots of water, pack light cotton clothing and use adequate skin protection.
- There are a number of early mornings starts - allowing you to see more of the country in the captivating morning light.
- There are some longer days of travel by road.
- There will be times when you may feel confronted by poverty and homelessness.
- You support ‘not riding elephants for tourist entertainment’and will not participate in riding an elephant.
- When visiting temples, it's important to respect the local custom. Arms and knees should be covered. A light scarf is a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot
- You enjoy learning new things such as the history and culture of another country.
- You enjoy the benefits of travelling as a small group, including dining together and sharing the journey.