100% Australian; we 'get' the Australian travel style. And, better still, our arms are open to welcome our friends from other countries around the world, who'd like to travel with friendly Aussies.
This site is owned and operated by Encounter Travel ("we" "us" and "our/s" ) ABN 23 119 642 992 with the registered place of business in Sydney, Australia.
We are an Australian accreditated travel company ATAS Accreditation No: A10439 and a member of The Council of Australian Tour Operators CATO No: 45818310
For information about ATAS Accreditation view the ATAS Code of Conduct
Click to find out more about about CATO on their website.
We value your privacy and take care in protecting your personal information. In the course of doing business, you provide us with personal information. The following policy states the personal information we collect and store, and how we use it.
To offer our services and conduct business with you we will require some personal information from you which can include but is not limited to: your first name and surname, your e-mail address, your address, and your telephone number/s.
Other Personal Information
Some or all of the following information is requested either at the time of joining the invitation list for our events, at the time of paying for our offers or services, or subscribing to our enewsletter and special offers.
- Your credit card and expiry date for the purpose of paying for our offer and services. We use an external secure merchant facility to collect this information and do not store your credit card details.
- Your personal information that relates to fulfilling a holiday booking or event booking. We store this information in order to fulfil the services offered to visitors or members.
Other Data Collection
In addition to the data collected via your submission on our site, we may at times invite you to respond to communications or requests for information, in such formats as surveys and competitions, emails or correspondence on general matters, complaints or compliments.
We use your information primarily to create and communicate events and/or holidays and other offers to you. In addition it is used to:
- Communicate information from us which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Perform market research for our business which does not personally identify any person.
- On occasion, quote anonymous comments/feedback from you on our website or other promotional material
We may share information with third party providers contracted by us to provide various services:
- Marketing service providers to perform promotional campaigns, market research, advertising.
- Credit card processing and payment companies. When paying by credit or by debit card we pass your card details to our payment provider for the payment transaction and authorization and they are wholly responsible for the data collection and security of your credit card details.
- Other third parties as required by law.
- Website use analysis which requires provision of non personal data.
You can request the personal contact information we have stored about you by sending a request to us.
If you do not want us to use your contact information to send details of our products to you please send us an email.
For all general enquiries relating to your personal information, please contact us by the following means:
phone: 1300 653 692
Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm
email: holidays AT encountertravel.com.au
write to: Encounter Travel PO Box A1088 Sydney South NSW 1235
Storage and security of personal information
All information is stored either on our database that is housed by a third party Australian web hosting company 'Net Registry' or on the inhouse systems of ours. All measures are taken to safeguard this information including physical, technical and procedural safeguards.
We also use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to analyse web site activity by our users to identify trends relating to the use of our website.
Code of Conduct For Our Employees and Contractors:
All personal information held by us will be governed by its most recent policy, posted on our website.