- Deluxe 4 star well located close to the main area of Port Douglas
- Time to relax and make your own local discoveries
- Group dinners included as part of your package including 2 highlight dinners
- Opt in or out of 'Free Time Extras'
Pre or Post Stay
We’ve created a short escape but you can extend your stay. Ask our travel team about this option, and the additional cost for other nights of stay. Availability before and after our group dates are limited and recommend you book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DAY 1 - MONDAY
Arrive Port Douglas. 'Solos Only' Fun Starts
Arrive to our resort hotel at your leisure. Tonight, meet up with your host and fellow group members for pre dinner drinks, and a beautiful dinner.
DAY 2 - TUESDAY
Port Douglas. Optional Mossman Gorge Visit
Enjoy a continental breakfast at our hotel and the day ahead to enjoy it as you wish.
Optional Mossman Gorge
Today we suggest any group members that are keen to visit Mossman Gorge head out together this morning. Arrive to Mossman Gorge Centre; the gateway to the world’s oldest rainforest, the Daintree Rainforest, as well as a unique link to the lives, cultures, and stories of Australia’s Indigenous people and their connection to the natural environment. Once you’ve arrive, there is a shuttle bus service between Mossman Gorge Centre to the heart of the Gorge (fee applies).
A view to The Lady Douglas
Later this afternoon we head out from our hotel to the Marina to board The Lady Douglas for a sunset cruise of the waterways. After a tranquil 90 minutes along the waterway we return to the marina and take the easy walk to our near by restaurant that overlooks the water for drinks and a relaxed group dinner. After dinner a group transfer is provided back to our hotel, or carry on at one of the local pubs or bars in town.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
FREE TIME EXTRAS
Mossman Gorge Visit
It’s about a 20 minute drive each way from our hotel to Mossman Gorge. With your documentation we advise options to book transfer services and times. Transfers from our hotel to Mossman Gorge and the shuttle bus ticket from Mossman Gorge Centre to The Gorge are not included and are by your own arrangement.
DAY 3 – WEDNESDAY
Optional Day Out to the Outer Reef, Great Barrier Reef.
Another morning to enjoy a continental breakfast in-house. A day to enjoy as you wish. Laze around the pool at your hotel, stroll along the main street that’s a short stroll from the hotel, or make your own arrangements for any number of things to see and do in and around Port Douglas
Cruise to the Outer Reef
An optional extra for a full day out to experience on of the world’s great natural wonders, The Great Barrier Reef. This includes snorkelling. There is the option to add scuba diving.
This evening your Encounter Travel host will meet the group for drinks, and anyone that wants to join for a casual dinner tonight at one of the popular local pubs.
FREE TIME EXTRA - OUTER REEF DAY OUT
Cruise to the Outer Reef on SilverSonic
Must be prebooked with us, at time of booking your holiday package. Please note; amendment fees apply if booked after final monies paid or cancelled after booking.
Departs Marina: 8:30AM (pick up from hotel approximately 8:10AM)
Returns Marina: 4:30PM
VISIT WEBSITE - SILVER SONIC
- Visit 3 stunning, exclusive Agincourt ribbon reef sites
- 5 hours at Agincourt Reef
- Enjoy unlimited snorkelling, up to 3 certified or introductory dives
- The only dive and snorkel vessel in Port Douglas with state of the art computerised ride control, ensuring a smoother ride to the reef
- Travelling at up to 32 knots, we spend less time getting there which means more time at the reef for you
- Hydraulic platform for easy water access
- Change rooms and hot freshwater showers
- Spacious sundecks, air conditioned lounge areas and a licensed bar
- The latest dive and snorkel equipment
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimwear and towel
- Hat and shirt for sun protection. We recommend marine-friendly sunscreen.
- Certification card for Certified Divers
- Cash or credit card for additional dives or purchases at the bar.
- Camera - underwater digital cameras available to hire. Drones are not permitted.
- Professional photo service onboard. (additional cost)
DAY 4 –THURSDAY
Port Douglas. Relax.
A day to explore, chill, or a spot of shopping.
Tonight come together for a local dining experience in Port Douglas. There will be a transfer from our hotel to the main street where we meet for a pre dinner drink at one of Port Douglas's popular hotel bars before dinner. To suit the independent style of this trip, return to the group hotel is at your leisure and by your own arrangement.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 5 – FRIDAY
Port Douglas. Home, or stay on for longer.
Today your tropical escape comes to an end..but it doesn’t have to! Opt to extend and add another night or more to your stay in Port Douglas.