Is This Trip Right For Me?
< Back to holiday
GREECE AND THE GREEK ISLANDS:
Is this trip right for you? You want to get it right, and find a trip that matches your travel style. These pointers will help you decide if this trip is right for you.
ABOUT THE GROUP
- This is a small group experience with a maximum of 16 solo travellers.
- You’re a match for the nominated age group for this trip; travellers 40 years and over.
- You enjoy the benefits of travelling as a small group, including dining together and sharing the journey.
TOURING QUICK FACTS
- In can be hot late spring and definitely hot in the summer, it's best to dress in light clothing.
- It's a good idea to pack layers as some areas can be cooler in the evenings, if in higher areas like Delphi
- Most of the hotels are a superior standard, 4 stars and a 5 star hotel is included in Thessaloniki.
- As with all ground touring there are some longer distances of travel between locations. However this tour tends to be shorter travel distances when compared to many other European touring itineraries.
- Greece has some steep landscapes, which can be slippery if wet. There will be a lot of steps to climb on this tour.There are cobbled stone streets. It’s important to have good balance and good walking shoes.
- A focus on meat, seafood and salad with plenty of feta cheese on the menu.
Local Lifestyle & Advice
- Many Greek people smoke and it’s part of daily life. Although cigarettes are banned indoors, locals can still smoke outdoors in cafes and restaurants and you can expect smokers at tables near by.
- When on the islands, it’s best to drink bottled water.
- It’s a good idea to be mindful of your valuables, it’s known that there are pickpockets about.
- You are in favour of our policy that we do not support activities that involve animals for tourist entertainment. We request our passengers do not partaking in donkey rides as a form of transport but leave the ultimate decision to each person.
SOAKING UP CULTURE & TRADITION
- You enjoy learning new things such as the history and culture of another country.