- Take in the sights of Palm Springs by aerial tramway
- Learn about beautiful Scottsdale on a sightseeing tour
- See the awe-inspiring Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon
- Traverse the red sands of Monument valley before sharing a Navajo BBQ under the stars
- Spend a day in stunning Zion National Park
- Meet some of the world's biggest trees in Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon National Park
- Enjoy a full day tour in Yosemite National Park
- Take in the sights and sounds of Hollywood on a guided tour.
- Get stars in your eyes as you walk down the Walk of Fame.
- Visit the iconic Santa Monica Beach.
- Enjoy a 360-degree view of the Palm Springs desert aboard the Aerial Tramway.
- Explore the famous San Andreas fault line and beautiful night sky on a stargazing jeep tour.
- Tour stunningly beautiful desert city of Scottsdale, nestled among desert and mountain ranges.
- Watch a Grand Canyon IMAX screening in Tusayan.
- Experience the sheer grandeur of the Grand Canyon on a full day tour.
- Enjoy a picturesque walk around the beautiful Horseshoe Bend.
- Explore Antelope Canyon one a guided tour.
- Visit Monument Valley to see the towering sandstone buttes jutting out of the landscape.
- Tuck into a delicious Navajo BBQ dinner under a blanket of stars.
- Stop to visit the Navajo Bridge and the city of Kanab.
- Discover Bryce Canyon and it's many spire-shaped rock 'hoodoos' on a tour.
- Be mesmerised by the many faces of the beautiful Zion National Park.
- Stop for some sightseeing in the Valley of Fire.
- Delve into the expanse that is Death Valley National Park, seeing sights such as Dante's View, Badwater Basin and Furnace Creek.
- Visit some of the world's largest trees at the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
- See some of Yosemite National Park's most iconic sights on a tour, including Half Dome, Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil Falls and Yosemite Falls.
- Spend a day touring Los Angeles, including Hollywood Boulevard and Beverly Hills.
- Explore the Las Vegas nightlife on a city tour.
- Enjoy a full day at leisure in Las Vegas.
- Lose yourself in San Francisco with a full day at leisure.
Pre Tour Stay
Consider arriving a day before the tour starting date, or enjoy a stopover. You can relax and refresh after your flight. The cost of the additional night/s of stay applies. Ask our travel team about this option, and the additional costs.
Arrive Los Angeles
Welcome to the United States of America and the city of Los Angeles! From the shores of Santa Monica to the glamour of Rodeo Drive and Hollywood, and everything in between, Los Angeles has long been a drawcard for dreamers and tourists alike. Tonight we’ll enjoy a group welcome dinner.
Today we’ll have stars in our eyes as we take in the sights and sounds of Hollywood on a guided tour, ticking off Hollywood Boulevard’s Walk of Fame and Mann’s Chinese Theatre, Beverly Hills, Downtown LA and the iconic Santa Monica beach.
Los Angeles – Palm Springs
On our way to Palm Springs this morning we’ll stop for a ride on the Aerial Tramway for 360-degree views of the surrounding desert and canyon landscape.
Special Experience : Enjoy a stunning sunset and stargazing jeep tour along the San Andreas fault line.
Palm Springs - Scottsdale
This morning we drive to Scottsdale, Arizona, via the vast Joshua Tree National Park. The Colorado River makes for a great place to stretch our legs and enjoy some lunch.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
There is much more to the sprawling desert city of Scottsdale than meets the eye. While it’s famous for its resorts and high-end boutiques, the heart of the city still celebrates its Western heritage. Today we’ll see a different side of Scottsdale with visits to Old Town, the Museum of the West and Railroad Park.
Special Experience: Learn more about Arizona’s deserts with a visit to the Desert Botanical Garden, including a cooking demonstration, tasting and tour.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Scottsdale to Grand Canyon
This morning we'll visit the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Centre on our way to Tusayan, a small town on the outskirts of the Grand Canyon, to enjoy a Grand Canyon IMAX screening. En route to Tusayan we'll stop to enjoy some relaxed sightseeing in Sedona.
We’ve got a full-day tour of the Grand Canyon today. Carved out by the Colorado River, the Grand Canyon is 445 kilometres long, up to 18 kilometres wide and as much as 1,857 metres deep. The layers of red rock reveal millions of years of geological history.
Grand Canyon - Page
A great day of sightseeing ahead today. On our way to Page we stop at beautiful Horseshoe Bend for a walk that will present some amazing photo opportunities. We’ll also take a guided tour of Antelope Canyon, a slot canyon in the Navajo Nation
We’ll be driving through the red sands of Monument Valley accompanied by a Navajo guide today. Famous for the towering sandstone buttes that dot its landscape, the valley has been used as a backdrop in a number of Western movies, epitomising the valley as the quintessential image of the American West for moviegoers.
Special Experience: Share a special Navajo BBQ dinner in the desert under a blanket of stars.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Page – Bryce Canyon
Crossing the border into Utah today, we’ll make stops at the Navajo Bridge and Kanab on our way to the sprawling reserve of Bryce Canyon National Park, known for its spire-shaped rock formations called ‘hoodoos’.
Bryce Canyon – Zion National Park
This morning we have a tour in the dramatic Bryce Canyon, which will allow us to explore the eerily beautiful sandstone hoodoos that have been shaped over centuries by the elements.
Zion National Park
Zion National Park is our destination today, where we'll enjoy a day at leisure. Fondly known as Utah’s first national park, it’s hard to deny the breathtaking beauty on display here. Don’t let the imposing sandstone cliffs of red, pink and cream draw your eyes upwards for too long, as you may miss some of the beautiful wildlife that call the canyon home - Great Blue Herons, Canyon Wrens and the threatened Mexican Spotted Owl all reside here.
Zion National Park – Las Vegas
A trip through America’s deserts wouldn’t be complete without a few nights in the bright lights of Nevada’s premier oasis, Las Vegas! On the way we’ll stop for some sightseeing at the Valley of Fire, known for its bright red Aztec sandstone outcrops nestled in grey and tan limestone. Tonight we’ll get to experience the Las Vegas nightlife on a tour.
Are you feeling lucky? Enjoy a full day at leisure to explore this diamond in the desert. If you look beyond the twinkling lights of the endless casinos, there’s plenty to see and do here that doesn’t involve gambling, including world-class shows, exhibitions and Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.
Las Vegas - Bakersfield
It’s back to nature today as we travel to California’s Death Valley, the country’s biggest national park outside of Alaska. We’ll visit some of the valley’s more sinisterly named sites, such as Dante’s View, Badwater Basin and Furnace Creek before enjoying lunch at The Oasis at Death Valley.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Bakersfield - Sequoia
Special Experience: Meet five of the world’s largest trees, including the largest of all—General Sherman—on a guided tour of lush Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon.
Sequoia – Yosemite National Park
This morning we set off for UNESCO World Heritage-listed Yosemite National Park, stopping on the way to visit Mariposa Grove to see some more sequoias. After a bit of sightseeing from Yosemite's valley floor we’ll enjoy a relaxing evening at leisure.
Yosemite National Park
Special Experience: See some of Yosemite National Park's most iconic sights on a tour today, including Half Dome, Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil Falls and Yosemite Falls.
Yosemite National Park – San Francisco
We’ve got San Francisco in our sights today - home to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, the world’s last manually operated cable car system, some seriously good food and, of course, the notorious Alcatraz prison. Enjoy a morning of sightseeing around this iconic city.
Enjoy a full day at leisure today to explore more of beautiful San Francisco at your own pace. This evening we'll enjoy a group farewell dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Depart San Francisco
Today we begin our journey home.
Itineraries may be subject to change, due to circumstances outside of our control. If there is any itinerary change prior to departure of significance we aim to inform you prior to travel. Itinerary changes while on tour will be informed by your tour leader/guide while on tour.