- Superb luxury boutique accommodation
- Stunning 3 course dinner in house @ The Long Apron
- Time to relax and make your own local discoveries
- Group dinners each evening included as part of your package
Pre or Post Stay
We’ve created a short escape but you may like to extend your stay. Mid week rates for a Sunday stay or post group stay on Thursday provide the best value. Ask our travel team about this option, and the additional cost for other nights of stay
DAY 1 - MONDAY
Arrive Montville. Dinner @ The Long Apron.
Arrival is by your own arrangement. The afternoon is at your leisure.
Tonight join your fellow solo travellers for a superb in house dinner at The Long Apron at Spicers Clovelly Estate. The Long Apron is a Chef Hatted restaurant offering a taste of France in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Refined. Innovative. Unexpected. The Long Apron is a truly unique and memorable dining experience.
Meals: Highlight Dinner
See GETTING THERE for details about arriving to the hotel.
DAY 2 - TUESDAY
A Taste of the Hinterland Morning Tour. Dinner @ The Tamarind.
After a beautiful start to your day with a gourmet breakfast at your boutique hotel set off for a ‘Taste of the Hinterland’ morning tour.
Taste of the Hinterland
Explore the colourful towns of Maleny and Montville on a guided tour, where you meet the makers of unique gourmet delights and share the dreams of inspired locals. Tour with a local enjoying the region’s best gourmet cheese, chocolate, beer and wine. This is the ultimate foodie, vineyard & brewery tour.
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Glasshouse Mountains, hear the story & legends of these iconic lava plugs formed millions of years ago. Also a unique photo opportunity before a short boardwalk glimpse of the edge of the rainforest to listen to the birds, breathe the forest air & perhaps see a paddy melon wallaby.
- Get your chocolate fix from delicious handcrafted chocolates made fresh every day at Maleny Chocolate Co.
- Experience fine Queensland wines with a visit to Flame Hill Vineyard; enjoy spectacular views, relax & take a walk in the vineyard to make the most of the amazing backdrop, a perfect spot for photos.
- Visit Maleny Cheese; a delicious board of local cheeses, handmade local bread & condiments is waiting for you at a popular local cheese lovers spot!
- Craft beers bring so many new experiences to your taste buds, try something new at The Barrel at Clouds Vineyard with handmade beer in a vibrant, unique & relaxed location.
Tonight, more indulgence with dinner at The Tamarind offering a ‘modern Asian cuisine with a Thai heart’, located at the sister property Spicers Tamarind Retreat located in Maleny, about a 20 minute drive from your hotel. All the arrangements are taken care of including a return group transfer for the group. The Tamarind has earned an enviable reputation on the Sunshine Coast for Asian cuisine. Awarded one Chef Hat in the 2020 Good Food Guide, as well as one Chef Hat in the Australian Good Food Guide for both 2020 and 2021, the menu effortlessly combines sweet, sour and spicy flavours with fresh local produce – the perfect meeting of traditional and new.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 3 - WEDNESDAY
Visit Maleny Botanic Gardens. Dinner @ Altitude On Montville.
Relax and enjoy a gourmet breakfast at your hotel. This morning we’ve included return transfers to visit Maleny Botanic Gardens & Bird World, about a 20 minute drive from your hotel. There’s a morning to spend taking in the gardens and more, and if you like enjoy a spot of lunch at the garden’s café. (Admission fees not included – various options, see Maleny Botanic Gardens website for options)
Maleny Botanic Gardens is a unique, privately owned garden, consisting of nearly 18 acres of gardens, overlooking a backdrop of the iconic Glass House Mountains and surrounded by magnificent rainforest. Over 6 kilometers of walking paths meander around thousands of different plants, ranging from roses, azaleas, annuals, and orchids placed throughout the Gardens, to some of the rarest cycads in the world. It’s a stunning setting of terraced gardens, waterfalls, and lakes sitting high on the escarpment. For bird lovers, enjoy the four walk through aviaries, home to over 700 native and exotic birds from around the world.
This evening we’ve arranged dinner for the group at the beautifully position Altitude on Montville restaurant with transfers provided by the properties courtesy shuttle.
Meals: Breakfast, Highlight Dinner
DAY 4 - THURSDAY
Today your indulgence comes to an end…or extend and add another night of stay.